As I'm sitting here, presumably typing the last entry of allthingsvice-, I can't help but wonder if there really is a new chapter of life waiting for me out there, or will I be inevitably stuck in the past, wishing for the 'what if's, 'maybe's and 'could have's, something that perhaps I have been subconsciously doing the past month.
They say you don't miss the water till the well runs dry, but I know only too well that regret doesn't have a say in the way things run. And sometimes something broken cannot be fixed or replaced with new batteries, because well, the damage has already been done.
I have been foolish and reckless, and I have done many things in my life that I am not proud of, but neither am I too proud to acknowledge them as well. They say the first step to a path of recovery is to admit that you have a problem, so yes, I have a problem. The bitterness that lays inside the depths of my heart, the irrevocable short-wired temper I possess, the biting lack of trust and the childish drunken escapades; these are my problems, and mine alone to face.
I am not asking for acceptance, I am not asking for forgiveness. All I'm asking is for a chance to have a go again, but I fear, or perhaps even already know, that it's too late.
But much like what I said earlier, there is no place for regret. Days will go on, months will pass, and the sun will still continue to shine. Time waits for no man, and it is only fitting that I leave this place of memories to start writing somewhere new.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home